Sensational Cigar Widget

Friday, April 15, 2011

LFD Digger Review





LFD Digger Review

Size: 8.5 x 60
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican
Country: Dominican Republic

Imposing. One word describes this amazing cigar through and through. And yet like a child on Christmas morning, I couldn't wait to unwrap it. I was so anxious that I didn't even worry about what I mention as a disclaimer now; This is a three to three and a half hour cigar for some people, so plan your time accordingly instead of maybe rushing to your cigar shop at one in the morning after work and firing it up, sunrise may occur while still smoking as a result. That being said however, totally worth it....
Once getting comfy, it was gonna be a while, I marveled over the cigar. Massive veiny dark and leathery, the foot had aromas of sweet grass that had been drying to perfection for a while. I started with a nice V cut which was enough to create a breathy open draw tasting of dark cocoa and a wrapper that brought the flames of hot chili to my lips with it's pepperiness. Once lit created volumes of smoke drawing light and easy tasting of pepper and cocoa. During the first quarter hints of leather appeared and the peppery flavor took on a change reminiscent of sun dried peppers.
About half way through the cigar, and many good stories and arguments back and forth at the bar (it took that long to get halfway!), the spiciness of the pepper balanced out and the leather came more prevalent smooth and easy to smoke and yet still strong and powerful. With the buzz I had and the fog my mind was in I almost didn't notice that I was close to the end of the cigar until the spice returned in full force and remained till the end. Once I finished the cigar I stood up triumphant as if I had just finished an endurance challenge just on the sheer length of time devoted to it, unfortunately no one else was left at the lounge to celebrate my triumph and in standing up for the first time in four hours my equilibrium was shot from the buzz I had from this cigar.
After picking myself back up off the ground, I reflected on how amazing a smoke it was. Meticulously crafted, artfully blended, and almost seemingly designed to take on even the most seasoned smoker as if almost striking back for all of it's fallen brothers I've burned. However with a full stomach and a lot of time on ones hands the challenge can totally be won. That being said make sure you definitely eat a hearty meal and have a comfy location and a large drink ready, clear your calendar, and fire the Digger up. A definite cigar for a someone looking to actually relax for a while and completely forget the world exists around them.

P.S. The Digger is definitely my new goto cigar for days where I promise my wife I'm only gonna have one cigar with the boys! Come get in trouble with me and enjoy the Digger at Havana Sensation!

3 comments:

  1. Like a lot of cigar smokers, I started as a informal cigar smoker. For those of you who are not familiar with this bad ass stick, it is by far one of the better stogies I’ve anytime seen. It has an impressive 60 ring gauge and is a massive eight and half inches long.

    cigar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the LG Small Batch No. 3 by LFD. Not as massive, but an excellent stick.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call this one the allday sucker. Sometimes I'll light one up in the late morning if I have a lot of driving around to do that day and just smoke it in the car. It'll last me a few days like that. It also reminds me of a story about Che Geuvera, when his doctor told him he had to limit his smoking to just one cigar a day after suffering from asthma attacks, he had the torcedors roll him giant cigars, since he could only have 'one a day'. Its a great smoke.

    ReplyDelete