Sensational Cigar Widget

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Enjoying Summer Days

I find that other than my family & friends, the other passion in my life is a great cigar.  There is just an awesome sense of pleasure watching my kids run around the backyard while I enjoy a nice My Father 2011 Limited Toro, or sitting on a beautiful Florida beach on a hot June day with a Padron 80th maduro (FYI:  both cigars available at Havana Sensation Cigars).  The most pleasurable thing is that these incredible moments in my life were experienced while smoking a cigar.  Normally, I am in the driver seat, so to speak, operating all aspects of a cigar business, and I don't have the time to stop, kick up my feet and RELAX.  Most of my friends and clientele usually see me sitting down enjoying a cigar in their company while laughing, telling stories, talking about politics and solving the problems of this world as us handsome intellectuals do most of the time.  Despite the joy, intellect and wisdom I bestow to my friends/clients, my mind is totally in a different place:  finding a way to cut business costs; new marketing/advertising programs; dealing with vendors; finances; paying the rent; bringing in newer better cigars; walking the dog; what to eat for dinner; etc, etc, etc...  My point is that although I look relaxed I am not.  So now what?  I was told by a good friend long ago to always give yourself a minimum of two hours per day of alone time.  Where am I going to find this alone time with all my responsibilities?  How do I clear my mind from everyday life?  Well, I thought about many different options, but all were too complicated, so I came to this frame of mind - Fuck It!!!  I forced myself to spend some time everyday with my beautiful wife, kids or with friends.  For that time I said "fuck it" to all my responsibilities and business concerns.  That was my time!!!  Whether I wanted to do it or not, I said "fuck it" and did it.  Of course my time, or the "fuck it" time was spent with a great cigar from Havana Sensation Cigars.  I'm not encouraging anybody out there to drop what they are doing and just say "fuck it," but to make the necessary and responsible arrangements to enjoy a little me time.  Luckily, I have great people at Havana Sensation Cigars, and these people are what has helped me keep my sanity (what little I have left) and have given me the flexibility to have me time.  To Richard, Jon, Will & Austin who's helped out many times:  Thank You!!!  So go out there with a great cigar and enjoy these summer days with total peace and relaxation.  Oh, and a frosty beer may help too.

5 comments:

  1. "FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE!"
    -Bill O'Reily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I enjoyed your shop and thought that you had a great selection and nice atmosphere so I decided to check out your website. I'm now glad that I did because I won't be visiting again. Unprofessional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constantino,
    This is a blog, and I thank you for coming on and reading it. Also, I appreciate the comments about the selection of cigars and atmosphere of my shop; however, since this is a blog, I can't control the opinions and comments of others. As a matter of fact, I welcome all opinions regardless of whether you like them or not. These opinions are expressed by the great clientel that patrons Havana Sensation Cigars, and these great people consist of professionals, blue collar workers, public leaders, professional atheletes, retired people, military personel, men, women of all legal ages. It wouldn't be professional of myself to silence these great people that support my business & the love for premium cigars. Also, it wouldn't be professional to delete your comment as I respect it, but don't agree with the "Unprofessional" part of it. This diversity of people, ideas and expressions are what makes Havana Sensation Cigars the best cigar lounge to frequent, and I'm proud of all my regulars regardless of their opinions!

    Thank you and please come again,

    Edson Santoro
    Owner of Havana Sensation Cigars

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not saying others' comments are unprofessional. I'm saying this entry is unprofessional. Since my last visit, I have visited once more and really with I hadn't given the store a second thought. Also, your merchandise is overpriced. Especially since Metro West isn't what it once was. -C

    ReplyDelete